Saturday 28 November 2009

Embroidery Practice...

In order to embroider the chicken I first had to teach myself to embroider. I used this video on YouTube in which embroidery artist and designer Jenny Hart demonstrates some simple stitches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExuIHDPD1dw . She demonstrates the split stitch which I found was my favourite. I practiced on felt first with very thick thread and then with thinner thread which achieved a more professional look.

This magazine cover inspired some of my designs.

Lettering was difficult and I thought it would be too
tricky to do it directly onto the chicken.
Some of my first attempts using very thick thread.

A close up of my last practice before embroidering
onto the chicken. I think this design was quite
succesful and for this I used very thin thread.



Another close up-this is my favourite bit.



The last practice.








No comments:

Post a Comment