Tuesday 24 November 2009

Developing the idea...

I think that a raw chicken would be the best food to decorate because of its shocking nature-being a dead animal and also looking pretty disgusting. I also thought that raw chicken was quite an interesting subject and carried lots of connotations about food and animals. I thought covering a disgusting looking food specimen with embellishments which are usually used to beautify things would, in this case make a garish and disturbing visual effect. I started to explore different types of craft embellishment including jewels,buttons,beads,sequins and feathers-which I thought would have a particularly ironic effect, and used a creative methology exercise-a morphological analysis- to come up with several ideas for the types of food, decoration/embellishment and types of presentation I could use.
Morphological analysis:

No comments:

Post a Comment