Tuesday 29 December 2009

David Mack...








David Mack is a comic book illustrator. The images in his graphic novel, Kabuki, have influenced my own image making, and have inspired me to create a graphic novel of my own or create graphic outcomes which tell a story. I particularly like Mack's use of watercolour and photography, as well as the colours he uses. I think what makes Mack's work particularly effective is his layouts, which make the images tell the story in an interesting and unconventional way and really help each image to connect with each word.
I am also particularly influenced by Mack's use of repetition of a certain image of shape, the way he repeats a shape or image and develops it slowly into something else so that it morphs into something new and links other images together.

No comments:

Post a Comment